Tuna Pasta Salad; This is an easy, hearty side dish that will go well with any barbecue. A protein packed pasta salad that eats like a meal.
Part of me wishes every weekend could be as action packed as this last one, and part of my knows I will never survive. The computer was shut down from Thursday afternoon on as the day ended up becoming a much needed day spent tending to the yard and garden with some unexpected free time… oh and Handsome scored himself another bike. His second this week! (though the second was a loan, I’m still seeing green with some serious bike envy). But its all good, my new Specialized is on the way. I’ll stop with the bike talk now…
So Thursday looked like this:
And a bad case of Sunburn…
Friday was Iron Man 3 and Free Comic Book day prep. It was a blur. Oh and this little lady came by for a vacation…
Saturday was Free Comics, food trucks (Cart at UD, Java Puppy, and I Don’t Give a Fork), friends, Darth Vader, and lots and lots of work. But it was all worth it.
In the end, not enough time was spend behind the lens or on the bikes, but it was a great weekend with few solitary moments to sit and take it all in.
Tuna Pasta Salad
On to the food: I thought about glamming this salad up, changing things, making it pretty for the blog. But in reality, this is how my family serves it at get together’s, so I figured, even though it’s not that pretty to look at, sticking to the recipe was the key here. You know your family and their tastebuds, dress it up however you think they would like it! ;D
If you’ve tried this Tuna Pasta Salad recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 1/2 box dried pasta, elbows go a long way with my family
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup Miracle Whip, plus additional as needed to moisten
- 16 oz canned tuna in water, drained
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the pasta according to directions on box for al dente. Rinse and drain. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the mayo, onions, celery and tuna.
- Add the pasta and season with salt and pepper. Gently, toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Add additional Miracle Whip as needed to moisten the salad.