Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter. Did you have any idea that your crock pot could do that? Yeah, you've got to try this one.
Want a classy at home date night for your loved one so you don't have to deal with the stress of going out and forgetting reservations on Valentine's day? Want an even easier dessert that you can whip up when you get home from work that will be ready in time to send the night off with some whipped cream on top? (He'll never know you didn't spend all day baking). Want a chance to win a cherry red Crock-Pot? Yeah, I thought so.
For my regulars, you know by now how much I love my slow cooker. I am featuring it every Monday in winter, after all. So when Crock-Pot wanted to send me a classy red version of their Cook and Carry, I figured why not share the love with my readers (get it, Valentine's humor... no? Aw, come on). I love how easy the crock pot is to clean, and the snazzy lock in place lid that makes transport a breeze. Think of how easy bringing a hot dish to parties will be from now on? So, if you are just starting out, a new cook, or a cook who has not investing in the life changing product that is the slow cooker yet, Crock-Pot's Cook and Carry is a nice starter slow cooker to ease your way into things. It comes very well packed and has a warm, low, and hot setting for various cooking needs. And with 6 quarts to fill you can even shove an entire small bird in the slow cooker for weeknight suppers! Seriously, I'm slow cooker obsessed this winter - and you should be too!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake? Yup.
If you’ve tried this Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teas baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate milk
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, ⅓ cup sugar, 2 tbs cocoa powder, baking powder, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla and chips. It will be thick.
- Spread in an even layer in the crock pot.
- Whisk the remaining sugar and cocoa powder into the boiling water.
- Carefully pour over the chocolate batter. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Turn off heat and let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
Now for the fun part:
Crock-Pot® Cook & Carry™ Slow Cooker Giveaway
To enter to win your own portable cherry red slow cooker – tell me what your favorite slow cooker dish is in the comments section below.
Earn Extra Points by doing the following and leaving me a comment saying you have:
- Following Pass the Sushi on Facebook
- Following Crock-Pot on Facebook
- Joining the Email Subscription
- Following Pass the Sushi on Twitter
- Tweeting about this giveaway including @passthesushi
- Subscribing to my RSS Feed
- Google +ing this post
- Pinning this Post
- And, much like the real world, old fashioned bribes go a long way