Nothing is faster or easier than a stir fry. With some coconut milk and red curry paste, I might as well be in heaven. This is where it's at.
It's Thanksgivings eve and the last thing I want to think about is turkey. I'm going to have piles of turkey and turkey leftovers tomorrow. So tonight all I want is a quick and simple meal. Nothing is faster or easier than a stir fry. And it's my secret weapon when I feel like we have been carb binging and I need to sneak some veggies in. With some coconut milk and red curry paste, I might as well be in heaven. Who needs a turkey? This is where it's at.
OK, won't lie. I still want some turkey, but that's only because I make a mean curried turkey pot pie too!
If you’ve tried my Thai Red Curry recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon red curry paste
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper - sliced thin
- 2 cups snap peas - ends trimmed
- 8 oz extra large shrimp - peeled, cleaned, and tails removed
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh Thai basil
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the curry paste and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Mix to combine.
- Whisk the chicken broth and cornstarch together in a small bowl and whisk into the skillet.
- Add the pepper and peas and cook until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Add more curry paste at this time if needed.
- Stir in shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes until fully cooked, flipping once. Remove from heat and add basil and lime juice.
- Serve over rice.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!