Because some of us aren't ready to give up flip flops and iced lattes. Because some of us don't want the pumpkin take over quite yet. And because I know at least one person in the room is not ready for Christmas themed pins.
Yeah, that's right. In a world where all things caramel pumpkin apple cinnamon spiced are taking over, I'm standing my ground. And these little krispie treats are standing there with me. Sure, we may be over looked at first rush of the cookie aisle for those new pumpkin cream cheese bites. Yeah, you may rush right past us in your knee high boots and scarf. Ignore us as you splurge on the crisp harvest of apple cider doughnuts.
We'll be here when you are ready for us. In a few weeks when we have months of hard winter ahead and you are breaking in your second pair of booties and tossing on that not just for fashion outer layer, we will be here. Because these Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Treats aren't just for one season or another. They are snack for all seasons. A sturdy staple braced for the crushing waves of seasonal flavors. And the sweet something you need when the dust settles in that brief moment before eggnog everything hits.
No matter when you crave them, these krispie bites are here by your side.
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 10.5 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Multigrain Dark Chocolate Cheerios
- ½ cup mini Reese's
- 1 oz semi sweet chocolate
- Prep a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, melt the butter and peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Stir in the marshmallows and cook until melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and toss with Cheerios. Wait a moment and add the Reese's minis to combine. (Wouldn't want them to melt from the heat if added right away).
- Quickly press into the prepared baking dish and allow to set.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and drizzle over top.
- Slice and serve.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!