Curry Roasted Salmon & Veggies With Tahini Sauce over Basmati a seriously comforting dish for when you are looking to bring the flavor quick and easy on a weeknight.
This post is sponsored by Success® Rice, however, my love of creative recipes and wholesome meals, opinions expressed, and this crazy good curry dish are all my own.
It's winter, and I am a sucker for comfort food. Like seriously good for you comfort food. Hearty soups, slow cooker magic, and bowls loaded with hearty veggies and proteins. Something about comfort food is as refreshing to me as whipping up a naked steak on the grill in the summer. It sparks my creativity and allows me to play with spices that take time to develop their flavor.
Another bonus of winter and comfort food is the sweaters - wrong! It's sneaking in seriously wholesome ingredients that no one even notices. (Check out all my Whole30 approved recipes too!) I loved that I was able to use brussels sprouts and acorn squash in this dish. Whatever you have on hand will work great too. Use a head of cauliflower and pair it with asparagus, or diced butternut squash and chopped broccoli! I try to pick something green and a hearty "starch" like veggie when I am making my flavor combos. It comes down to what the market has on hand, but with roasting veggies, the taste combos are endless!
Now onto the bold flavors. Curry and tahini sauce. That is pure comfort right there. I knew I wanted a break from heavy beef dishes, so a light fish came to mind when I started to dream up what to create with these leftover brussels sprouts. At the market I spotted Success® Basmati Rice and new it would be the perfect way to bring this dish together. I grabbed some fresh salmon and started working on this exotic winter comfort meal. I took flavors I'm familiar with and paired them with a subtle curry and a creamy tahini craving a bit of south-east Asian flair.
I wasn't sure the recipe would work, but the flavors were so good! I have used this sauce on several dishes since! Tossing whatever veggies I have on hand in the oven and spooning the sauce over a new batch of Success® Basmati Rice for quick and easy weeknight dinners. It was so easy to use, no measuring, I just boiled the bag for 10 minutes and the portion was perfect for two (we even had leftovers). The Basmati rice came out perfect for pairing with my exotic dish - light fluffy and just the right thing to really make this dish stand out.
Check out more recipes inspired by Success Rice here.
Success is in the bag.®
Curry Roasted Salmon & Veggies With Tahini Sauce over Basmati
- 2 pints fresh brussels sprouts - cut in half
- 1 acorn squash - split, seeds removed and cubed
- 1 red onion - diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs curry powder - divided
- Salt and pepper
- 2-4 salmon filets
- ½ teas lemon juice
- For the Sauce:
- ½ cup tahini sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 teas curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teas lemon juice
- For the Rice
- 1 bag Success® Basmati Rice - boiled per instructions
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 tbs curry tahini sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, toss the chopped vegetables with oil and 2 tbs curry powder. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat the salmon dry and rub with remaining curry. Season with salt and a dash of lemon juice.
- After 10 minutes, carefully remove the baking tray and flip the veggies with a spatula. Nestle the salmon into the baking dish in between the veggies. Return to oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes longer, until the fish easily flakes with a fork.
- Meanwhile, make the rice and sauce. Whisk the tahini with the honey, curry powder, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil for the rice over medium-high heat. Add the egg and scramble for a moment. Before the egg is still a little wet, stir in the cooked Basmati rice and 1 tbs of the curry tahini sauce. Stir to combine and ‘fry’ the rice.
- Spoon the rice onto plates. Top with the roasted veggies and a salmon filet. Spoon the Tahini Sauce over top as desired. Garnish with cilantro.
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!