Chocolate Goji Berry Granola bars packed with healthy fruit and nuts, held together with a splash of chocolate. I'm sure the calorie to heath ratio is a bit off, but so good.
Granola is simple. Stupid simple. And yet time after time, I find myself throwing various boxes into the shopping cart or pre-made bars packed with who knows what. I dig granola on the go. When we are out mountain biking it's a quick fuel option. And because I'm generally pretty lazy, I figure it makes a half decent breakfast.
Chocolate Goji Berry Granola Bars
I can't help but wonder, since - as I mentioned - it is so darned simple, why I don't make it more often. That is until I make it. Sure, granola is packed with healthy nuts and stuff, but once you add whatever's keeping it all together in and a splash of chocolate, I'm sure the calorie to heath ratio is a bit off. And when I do make it, it's shove in your face all day long worthy. Not the occasional 'bar on the go'.
And shove in my face I did.
These snack bars came to be when Brookside asked me to taste test some of their new flavors. I was a bit skeptical at first, but after first bite I kind of fell in love. There's more chocolate than fruit - shhh, don't tell mom - so it makes for a great texture when noshing on. Throwing it into the granola was the perfect splash of fruit and chocolate flavor it needed to spice things up.
If you’ve tried this Chocolate Goji Berry Granola Bar recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 1 - 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups rice cereal
- ¼ cup flax seed
- 1 ½ cups cookie butter - or any nut butter
- 3 tbs agave
- 3 tbs light corn syrup
- 1 - 2 tbs honey
- 1 bag chocolate covered Goji
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, and coconut in an even layer.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, stirring halfway through, until lightly browned. Set aside and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a 9x13" baking pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the cereal and flax seeds with the cooled oat mixture.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cookie butter, agave, corn syrup, and honey until combined and smooth.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Pour over the oat mixture and (if safe to touch) get your hands in there and mix everything up.
- Add the chocolates and combine.
- Press into the prepared baking pan and let set for at least 2 hours before slicing. (If desired - top with a drizzle of chocolate).
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
Check this out: One lucky reader is going to get to try their own bag of chocolate covered goodness.
Brookside® Tasting Kit Giveaway
- 1 pkg. Brookside® Dark Chocolate Pomegranate
- 1 pkg. Brookside® Dark Chocolate Açai with Blueberry
- 1 pkg. Brookside® Dark Chocolate Goji with Raspberry
To enter to win your own Brookside Tasting Kit – head over to the Brookside Site and let me know what flavor you are most excited to try!
Earn Extra Points by doing the following and leaving me a comment saying you have:
- Following Pass the Sushi on Facebook
- Following Brookside on Facebook
- Joining the Email Subscription
- Following Pass the Sushi on Twitter
- Following Brookside on Twitter
- Tweeting about this giveaway including @passthesushi and @Brookside_Choc
- Subscribing to my RSS Feed
- Google +ing this post
- Pinning this post
- And as always, bribery and flattery goes a long way in the PtS kitchen.
- 3-compartment serving bowl with a central loop handle (each bowl is an 8 oz. well)
- Stainless Steel Cheese Server
- Ceramic Cheese Grip Serving Board
- 2 Stemless Wine Glasses
- Grocery Gift Card ($30)
- Subscription for Fitness Magazine
- Gaiam® Exercise Headband