This slow cooker cranberry sauce is the most simple thing you can put on the table for the holidays. Your slow cooker does all the work, you get all the credit.
It's the day before Thanksgiving. Let's face it, you're going to make at least one more last minute trip to the market today (I know I'm dreading trying to find the one remaining picked over broken in half baguette that I just have to have for my soup addition to tomorrows feast). Do your self a solid and hunt out those neglected bags of cranberries and stock up. Grab some dried figs and let's kick that canned cranberry sauce good bye forever.
This simple slow cooker cranberry sauce is the most simple thing you can put on the table (besides the butter) this holiday - and everyone will think you spent another magical hour in the kitchen prepping it while skillfully stuffing the bird and mashing each and every potato by hand as well. That's right. Be Julia Child and never let them know. Rock it.
As a side note - this is a two-parter recipe. Grab yourself a round of brie (and check out this recipe) while at the market as well. Get ready because we are going to impress the heck out of your holiday guests. Fluff that apron girls, it's about to get real (real easy).
I'm really excited because the next recipe is going to help charity too as I kick off my seasonal partnership with Captain Morgan's Rum with the Captain's Table challenge where the good ole Captain himself is going to reach into his plentiful bounty and donate a dollar to charity for every re-tweet we get using the hashtag #CaptainsTable.
If you’ve tried this Slow Cooker Rum Soaked Cranberry Sauce recipe or any other recipe on passthesushi.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow along for more good eats and travel tips on Instagram @passthesushi & @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 48 oz cranberries - fresh or frozen, picked over for any duds
- 10 oz mission figs, 5 oz minced, 5 ozs cut into ¼ths or ⅛ths
- ⅓ cup spiced rum
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Toss the cranberries and fig in the slow cooker and stir to mix.
- Pour the rum and water in. Lastly, pour the sugars and salt on top, but don’t stir into the cranberries.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours until cranberries are tender and start to pop.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.