It's Dairy Month! And dairy is the one food group that I am all about. Growing up, we didn't keep much fruit juice or soda in the house. Every meal was paired with a tall glass of cold milk. And even as an adult, I love cold milk with pizza and peanut butter and jellies. Smoothies filled with Greek yogurt, tons of spinach, and fruits to power me through my day. And I am 100% guilt of a slice of sharp cheddar cheese to pair with my piece of dark chocolate before bedtime. Needless to say, getting my 3 servings daily of dairy is as easy as pie.
This time of year, frozen treats are my go to! I am already dreaming of all of the flavors of ice cream I want to try this summer! This roasted blueberry with graham cracker frozen yogurt was at the top of my list! And it's all homemade! What does your family do to get it's 3 servings of dairy daily?
June is Dairy Month which means it’s time to celebrate #AllThingsDairy!
Fresh nutritious dairy foods like milk, cheese and yogurt don't just taste delicious; they're good for your body! Dairy foods are the #1 source of calcium in most individual’s daily diet and offer 9 essential nutrients. Milk and dairy products are fresh 365 days a year, making Dairy Month a great time to think about exciting, nutrient rich combinations like creative grilled cheese sandwiches, salads and refreshing desserts.
Join in the fun & deliciousness and celebrate "All Things Dairy" with 15 Food Bloggers from around the country as we celebrate #AllThingsDairy by sharing some of our favorite dairy recipes PLUS enter for a chance to win one of 3 Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence™ Frozen Yogurt-Sorbet & Ice Cream Makers to entice you to make your own delicious dairy treats this summer!
The American Dairy Association & Dairy Council salutes its local dairy farmers with a celebration of #AllThingsDairy as they seek nutritious recipes combining milk, cheese and yogurt with fresh produce. To learn more about the health benefits of dairy and the essential role it plays in your diet visit DairyGood.org
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sugar - divided
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 6 tbs unsalted butter - melted and cooled
- pinch of salt
- 1 sleeve whole graham crackers - about 9
- 2 lbs Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Arrange the blueberries on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Toss with 1 tbs sugar and roll to coat.
- Bake the berries for 20 minutes, checking and stirring as needed. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Reduce the heat to 350 F. Mash the graham crackers into coarse crumbs. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, butter, and salt in a bowl. Using your fingers, toss to combine so that the crumbs are all moist. Arrange on a parchment lined baking pan and toast, 8 to 10 minutes. All to cool.
- When the berries and graham crackers have cooled, churn the frozen yogurt with remaining sugar in your ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions (took about 14 minutes for me). In the last minute, add the blueberries and graham crackers (I saved some and folded them in layers as well.
- Pour into a resealable container and freeze 6 hours to overnight before scooping out and enjoying!
Nutritional informations provided as a courtesy and is only an approximatation. Values will changes based on ingredients used.
⭐ Tried this recipe? Rate it ⭐
Help out the next person and give it a star rating below!
Be sure to check out all the other fantastic bloggers participating in this event!
Souffle Bombay - Berry Cheesecake Shooters
What the heck's a bonbon?- Watermelon, cucumber and strawberry granita with lemon vanilla frozen yogurt
We're Parents!? - Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes with Homemade Whipped Topping
It's a Keeper - 10 Homemade Ice Cream Recipes (round up)
Opera Singer in the Kitchen - Double Cheese Spinach and Mushroom Omelette
Real: The Kitchen and Beyond - Jarlsberg Mushroom Melts + 10 Grilled Cheese Ideas
The Vintage Mom - Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pops + Some More Fresh Ideas!
Giggles, Gobbles, and Gulps- 10 Fun Ways to Drink Your Milk (round up of flavored milk recipes)
Little Kitchie - Spinach & Prosciutto Pizza
How I Pinch A Penny - Banana Pudding Shooters
Mind Over Batter - Strawberries and Cream Icebox Cake
Sugar Dish Me - Healthy Creamy Pasta Salad
Kitchen Conundrum- Rich & Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
The Suburban Soapbox - Chocolate Martini