12 Days of Cookies and Cocktails
Sometimes I forget my age. Coffee is still a very adult drink. One served to the grown ups at the end of a meal or before work. And now that I when I need to prove just how grown up I am to myself, I occasionally order a coffee. (Which no lie, has turned into a rapid love affair with caffeine). I found, that like most things with being an adult, I didn't like it right away but learned I had to have it just my way to really enjoy it.
This... this is the way to have it... The Dark Moon Cocktail. A sweet blend of real sugar cola, dark iced coffee and liquor... The perfect after dinner cocktail to keep you up but settle you down for several more hours to come.
I can say that Cambodia has been a coffee fueled experience from top to bottom and I am probably going to go through withdraw back home while I adjust to my normal diet.
Make sure to see every single Cookie and Cocktail Recipe - and many more! Sign up for my weekly email and like that, the magic of the interwebs will bring you a weekly email recapping every delicious post Friday mornings, right to your inbox!
- 1 ½ cups cold-brew coffee
- ½ cup French vanilla coffee liqueur
- ½ cup spiced rum
- 1 12 oz. bottle Coca-Cola, with real sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Up to 4 hours ahead of serving, combine the cold coffee, coffee liqueur, and rum rum in a large pitcher and stir.Chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add the cola.
- Fill cups with ice and pour over.
- Add the heavy cream evenly over top each glass.