Burgundy Beef

How many of you tuned in for the Oscars? Did you throw big parties or just sit back with classy treats and enjoy Hollywood’s tribute to the movies this year? I’m not one to watch awards shows. I don’t watch enough TV or many new movies so they are rather lost on me. But I can’t help but get caught up in the roar of twitter, internet and old fashioned gossip about outfits, who’s with who, and general celebrity what nots.

Whether or not you like her, I’m an Angelina Jolie fan. I don’t care who picked who as far as the Brad thing goes, I’m not a fan of the football team of children, but I have always dug her assertive craziness. She hasn’t always chosen the best movies, but as I said earlier, I don’t watch a whole lot of new movies.

But even I saw the multiple clips of her jetting her leg out of that velvet dress and thought ‘what the box.’ Her poses were ridiculous and unnatural. The guys who went on after her totally made me giggle at their mocking of her, though I’m sure it was all in good fun. I can see why the twitter handle for her leg quickly had over 15k followers (now over 34k). There’s even a Pinterst board for it.

Comments

Ha! I missed the Oscars and I really missed the Jolie leg thing, glad you filled me in, I’ll have to go check it out. This beef looks incredible! And the sauce all over the mashed potatoes mmmm…wish I was having this for dinner tonight!

Haha, yea I didn’t even know when the Oscars were. How bad is that?! I don’t watch any of those shows really. Love movies but I just don’t care about the celeb gossip and dresses and BLAH.

This beef looks so down to earth and comforting. Amazing meal for the wintertime!

Interesting! I don’t own a slow cooker, but I’d love to try this. I see more and more points in favor of getting one, but just don’t have the space.
    Anyways, looks like a delicious meal!

Hey, if I looked like Angelina, I would be sticking my leg out too. :) Boeuf bourguignon was one of the first fancy-schmancy dishes I made for my husband when we were dating. I think this sounds a lot easier!

This looks delicious and the pose was crazy-weird. I didn’t get it and it still has me tilting my head to the side and saying, “Huh?”

Oh wow! This is totally my kind of meal… Love the gorgeous, rich color and all those mushrooms peeking through! Delicious! Sure its from all the slow cooking… I didn’t watch the Oscars and so I need to google this, but I know a lot of people who would follow a page dedicated to Angelina’s leg! Sad but true.

Mmmmmmm….this would be a hubby pleaser for sure! Gorgeous photos, Kita…I just want to reach in and grab a glistening mushroom!!!

Once again, I’m left drooling over your pictures =) I don’t frequently drool over beef, but this looks looks incredible, especially topped over mashed potatoes. I am featuring this post in today’s Friday Food Fetish roundup (with a link-back and attribution), so please let me know if you have any objections. It’s always a pleasure following your food…

Forget Brangolina. What I loved about the Oscars was remembering the fabulous night out with friends going to see ‘The Artist’ at a funky old movie house… first to a corner pub and then to the show. Your Burgundy Beef would have been a welcome addition. Cheers!

Congrats on Top9, Keets! Whoops, sorry. I tend to do that with peoples’ names but you gotta admit it’s cute … suits you. Tell me if you don’t like it or just delete this … it’s ok, I’m thick skinned :)
    Hope you’re still not fretting over the dentist. It’ll be fine, just remember lots of ice cream or mash.
    I love anything slow cooked and this looks fantastic! It’s the lazy in me … gives me time for other things … like making comments on blogs :)

Wow. I’ve learned a new word. That cracked me up. I hadn’t even realized i missed the oscars much less that I was missing a proper ‘legbombing.’

Awesome slowcooking heaven. Even without the pearl onions :)

I don’t really care about the Oscars themselves so much as I just like to see what everybody wore. I agree about the leg thing though, it was really weird and over-the-top.

This beef looks awesome! It looks so rich and flavorful! Definitely want to try this one!

13. Sarah says

I found this recipe through Pinterest, and it’s amazing! My husband said it’s the best thing I’ve ever made. We saw family after dinner and my BIL asked if we went to a restaurant because we smelled so good haha.

1. […] Add remaining 1 1/4 cups wine to skillet and simmer until it has reduced by half 6 – 8 minutes; transfer to slow cooker. Let stew settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using a large spoon. Discard bay leaves. (Adjust stew consistency with additional hot broth as needed.) Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Credit: Pass the Sushi […]